This particular roll is a hit in our circle. Abi too likes this one as he likes surprises. A simple and easy to make recipe - the filling is the surprise here. One can change the filling according to the taste and availability of ingredients. Here I have used vegetables. An ideal snack for children and for parties.
Ingredients for the base:
- All purpose flour: 2 cups
- Ajwain: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 3 tablespoon
Mix all the above ingredients nicely. Add a little water to make a smooth and tight dough (like the one we make for samosa) and keep aside.
Ingredients for the filling:
- Potatoes: 2nos
- Peas: 2 tablespoons
- Carrot: 1 no
- Cabbage: 2 tablespoons
- Capsicum: 1 no
- Cheese: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1no
- Green chillies: 2 nos(optional)
- Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons
- Ginger paste: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste.
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Finely chop the onion, green chillies and all the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger paste,onion and chillies. Saute them for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and salt. Cook them on low heat till they are done. Let them cool.
- Take some dough and roll it like a big chapati. It should be thin.
- Take some filling and place it in one end of the chapati. Roll the chapati till the end and close both the ends.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop the rolls slowly into the medium heat oil.Fry them till they turn golden brown on all sides.
- Drain and cut them into small pieces. Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
It tastes so good during winters and rainy seasons. You can check out Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#60 for more yummy surprises for your loved ones.