All types of papad do not go well with rice (south indian food). Here in Rajasthan papad curry is made. While looking for some different recipe to use papad, I chanced upon quite a few recipes. Borrowing the idea from rajshri food, I modified it to our taste. I was a little sceptical about the outcome of it. But it really came out very well and needless to say that everyone liked it including my l'l one.
- Paneer: 200 gms
- Papad: 3 nos
- Oil: for frying
- Paneer: 200 gm
- Tomato sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Tabasco sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli sauce:1 teaspoon
- Corn flour: 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Chat masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients except the paneer. See that it is not too thin or thick (adjust with corn flour).
- Cut paneer into square or rectangle shapes. Coat the paneer pieces with the marinade and keep it for half an hour.
- Crush the papad into small pieces( not powder). Coat the paneer pieces all over nicely.
- Fry them in hot oil till papad is done turning the pieces around quickly.
- Drain and serve them hot. No need for any dip or chutney as they are quite spicy.