Russian salad is the most favourite one in our home, even Abi likes it (of course without the veggies). How I learnt this is an interesting story which goes back to some 30 plus years. I have published the story elsewhere in my blog. Those were the days when technology was alien to us. We used to learn from each other in person (not many were willing least the uniqueness/importance of the person goes) or from some magazines. At times, professionals were called to our ladies meet to take classes. This salad I learnt (rather got the recipe) in one such classes. Its only much later I mastered it. I am sending this to BM#58,under 'salads' theme, week 4 Day 3.To know what else is cooking under this, lets Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58
- Mayonnaise: 3 tablespoons (I used homemade mayonnaise)
- Potato: 1 no
- carrots: 1 no
- Peas: 2 tablespoons
- Apple: 1 small
- Tinned pineapple slice: 1 no
- Fresh cream:2 tablespoons
- Sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel, cut and cook all the vegetables and let them cool.
- Now cut the apple (cut it just before mixing to avoid discolouring of the apple)
- Take the cream in a bowl,add sugar and beat it slowly till it becomes thick (avoid over beating). Pour it into the bowl of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve chilled with french bread or dinner rolls.
P.S: The quantity of vegetables and fruits can be of your choice.