- Pasta: 100 gms
- Tomatoes: 3 or 4 nos
- Carrot: 1 no
- Garlic chopped: 1 teaspoon
- Onion chopped: 2 nos
- Basil leaves: 4or5
- Salt & pepper : To taste
- Oil / butter: 1 teaspoon
- Cream with sugar: as required (optional)
- Prepare the pasta as per the given instructions.
- Microwave (boil) the tomatoes and chopped carrot (with water) for 10 minutes. Puree them once they become cool (use the leftover water).
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic and fry for a minute. Do not brown them. Add the onion and saute till its translucent.
- Add the puree and cook till it becomes slightly thick. Add the basil leaves, salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, mix them together nicely and switch off the gas.
- Serve with cream with or without sugar separately. Alternatively, you can mix the cream in the sauce before serving.