Like most children Abi also does not like eating vegetables - especially leafy ones! So I keep trying to camouflage the greens and accordingly, modify recipes. In the process I made this green sauce to go with Abi's favourite pasta. A rich, healthy and comforting pasta dish which one can enjoy with a book on a lazy wintry afternoon as well! This is my entry to the BM#58 under Pasta for kids, week 3 day 3. For many more mouthwatering dishes check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58
- Pasta : 100 gms
- Spinach : 12 to 15 leaves
- Butter : 1 tablespoon
- Mushroom : 100 gms
- Onion : 1 no
- All purpose flour : 1 to 1 and a half tablespoon
- Milk : 100 ml
- Salt & pepper : to taste
- Cook pasta as per the instructions.
- Cook spinach with salt and puree most of it keeping aside some to mix with pasta.
- Heat butter in a pan add chopped onions till it is translucent then add the sliced mushroom.Saute them till its cooked and light brown in colour.
- Mix flour with milk and pour into the mushroom stirring all the while. Let it cook till it becomes a little thick and the flour is cooked.
- Add the spinach puree, mix and cook for a minute or two. Add seasoning to your taste
- Serve warm sprinkled with cheese on top.