I was in fact, looking forward to joining this BM given that the topic is "Kids' Delight" - Pastas for Kids! My 3 and a half years old grandson loves pasta but only without any vegetables in it. We kept telling him that if he wants "power" like "chhota bheem" he has to eat vegetables with pasta. So now, after a lot of persuasion, he has started eating his vegetables with pasta. This is one of the dinners he eats without much fuss!
This one is posted for BM#58 under the theme "Kid's Delight - Pastas for Kids". Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58
- Pasta: 150 gms
- Vegetables of your choice ( I used cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, cabbage )
For the sauce:
- Maida/ all purpose flour: 2 tablespoons
- butter: 2 tablespoons
- chopped onion: 1 small
- milk: 350 ml (approx)
- grated cheese: as desired (I used 3 tablespoons)
- salt, white pepper & oregano: to taste
- Cook the pasta as per instructions given on the packet
- Boil all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Crumble the paneer
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadai and add butter. Once it starts melting, lower the heat and add the chopped onions and saute till translucent
- Now add the maida and fry for a minute or two on low heat till maida is cooked. Switch off the gas and add milk slowly, stirring all the while so that no lumps are formed.
- Put it back on heat and cook on slow fire till it becomes thick.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and oregano and mix.
- Add the boiled vegetables and crumbled paneer. Give it a thorough mix and switch off the gas.
- Serve with bread or a cup of your favourite soup !