After all the creamy and cheesy pastas, this simple yet healthy salad is a good change especially for people in their 50's like me. This particular salad is so tasty that my daughter who's otherwise not into sprouts at all, enjoyed it so much! So I thought of sharing it with all of you. In fact we did not even wait till mealtime to have this salad. It can be served as evening snack as it is quite filling. I have used it as a filling for canopy with a little less dressing than what I've mentioned here. This salad is my entry to BM#58, week 4 Day 1 under 'salads'. Let's Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58
- Moong sprout: 1 cup (Indian)
- Grated carrot: 1 no
- Deseeded, chopped tomato: 1 no
- Chopped cucumber: 1 small
- Crumbled paneer: 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoon
- Lime juice:1 teaspoon
- Salt:to taste
- Sugar: 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped basil leaves: 3 nos
- Pour just enough water to cover the sprouted moong, add a little salt and boil it for four to five minutes. Leave it aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooked moong and the vegetables and the paneer. Pour the dressing over them. Give it a nice toss.
- Serve warm or cold as a side dish or as a sunday morning brunch.