Do not get confused with the name 'coconut milk'. This is not the extract of coconut. It is a drink made out of the coconut extract. One of the most trusted home remedy for cold and cough, my maternal grandmother used to make this lovely drink for us even if we did not have cold. Such a delicacy! It does not taste like that any more without my naani around. Miss you naani! Again this dish brings lots of beautiful memories of my childhood and makes me nostalgic.
- Milk of 2 coconuts (or 2 cups if using frozen milk)
- Sugar - as per taste
- Dry ginger powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 5 to 6 nos
- Clove - 5 nos
- Cardamom - 5 nos
- Boil the coconut milk, stirring all the while till it becomes a little thick.
- Now add ground pepper, clove and sukku/ dry ginger powder and cook for five minutes.
- Add sugar, keep cooking till it dissolves completely.
- Remove from the gas, add cardamom powder.
- Serve hot.