Sunday 3 November 2019

One vegetables-- Three different states


   I'm happy to be back with BM girls after a long hideout! For this BM, my choice for the first week is one vegetable three different states. The theme for the second week is one vegetable and three states. This theme is an interesting one as it gives us a lot of scope to experiment with. Since we had the opportunity to travel around India during my hubby's service, I've learnt to cook some vegetables in different ways (as a necessity).


 There are so many vegetables which can be turned into yummy dishes. I have selected ladyfinger as luckily we have a small vegetable garden and I am getting a good yield even now. So this made my selection of vegetable easy. The first dish for the first is from Rajasthan as we presently staying here. This one called besanwali bhindi. 

INGREDIENTS:
1.  Ladyfinger: 250gms
2. Oil: 3 tablespoons
3. Gram flour: 2 to 3 tablespoons
4. Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
5. Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
6. Coriander powder: 3 teaspoons
7. Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
8. Dry ginger powder: 1/2 teaspoon
9. Dry mango powder: 1 teaspoon

METHOD:

1. Wash and dry the ladyfingers. Trim the edges and slit it in the center without cutting into two pieces.

2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the vegetable in high flame till the vegetable changes the colour, stirring continuously.

3. Reduce the flame add all the other ingredients and keep tossing till the gram flour is cooked and nice aroma comes. Take care not to break the ladyfinger.

4. Transfer into a bowl and serve with chapati.


Check out the "http://www.spicingyourlife.in/blogging-marathon" Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#106

7 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

These bhindis with besan are our all time favourite ! They are so so delicious , bhindis are my favourite , looking forward to the other versions .

Amara’s cooking said...

Beautifully done Okra with flavourful spices. I have some fresh okra, will make it your way.

Rafeeda AR said...

The besan wali bindi sounds totally interesting and simple to make... lovely recipe...

Srivalli said...

I love Bhindi and this version is really very interesting. The gram flour must have added lot of flavour to it right!

Chef Mireille said...

I work as a freelance personal chef here in NYC and I have an Indian client who I cook for and many times she tells me how she wants me to prepare the food. I have been learning so many traditional dishes from her and this was one of them I made a few weeks ago. It was so good so I can definitely vouch for this one!

Harini R said...

Wow! This one with besan sounds so flavorful. I must try this version.

Narmadha said...

So flavorful combination of different spices and besan. Looks so inviting. I sometimes use rice flour for crispiness. Will try little besan next time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...