Monday 18 November 2019

Coconut apple soup



Coconut apple soup is the second one in the series of soups. As the winter is approaching, I am on the lookout for soup recipes. Since children and hubby get bored quickly with regular soups, I asked my hubby to look for soup recipes. I told him about the BM theme also. He immediately said you must try something new and I will be the guinea pig. He was more than happy to look for the new recipes. So the search began.
 This one is one of my old recipes ( learnt it when I joined a cooking class in the '80s). I was not making this often as the availability of good coconut was a problem then and slowly forgot about it. So I experimented on him first. After his and kids approval, I am sharing this with you all.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1.Apple: 1 no
2. Carrots: 2 nos
3. Potatoes: 1 no
4: Coconut milk (thin): 200ml
5. Curry powder: 1 teaspoon
6. Oil: 1 tablespoon
7. Salt &pepper: To taste
8. Lime juice: To taste
9. Fresh cream:  As needed (Optional)
10: Water: 2 cups

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add peeled and chopped carrots, apple and the potatoes. Saute them for 3minutes without browning them.
2. Add in salt and curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes. Then add water and coconut milk. Cover and cook on low flame till the vegetables are done stirring occasionally.

3. Cool and blend it in a blender till smooth and creamy and strain the soup.

4. Before serving, heat the soup, adjust seasonings and lime juice. Top it with fresh cream and serve.

Check out the "http://www.spicingyourlife.in/blogging-marathon" Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#106
































6 comments:

Pavani said...

That soup with apple, carrot and coconut milk sounds absolutely delicious. That is such an interesting combination of ingredients - soup must have tasted sweet, creamy and yummy!!

Amara’s cooking said...

That's a really interesting combination of ingredients. It looks delicious.

Harini R said...

Wow! That is an interesting combination of vegetables in coconut milk.

Chef Mireille said...

Wow - this is such a unique soup. Would never have thought to include apple with this combination of ingredients. I would love to try out this unusual flavor combination

MySpicyKitchen said...

interesting ingredients there. I usually avoid fruits in soups but the few I tried were delicious. I am sure this tasted wonderful.

Narmadha said...

Coconut milk adds lovely flavor to soup and love the addition of all veggies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...