Saturday 1 December 2018

Gannu... Our blessing

Ganesh chathurthi has been the beginning of my awakening in more than one way. With a gentle nudge from my daughter and some cleansing of my own thoughts, I am trying to bounce back to my blogging. Through this blog i want to celebrate life with my two little wonders that the god has bestowed upon us.
It's been almost two years since our own little Gannu came into our life. Abi is doing very well as a big bro. It gives us immense pleasure watching him dote on his younger brother (though he does have his mood swings also!).

With two hyperactive munchkins ( my kahna and gannu baba), life has become a roller coaster. As grandparents, I am observing that our interest in festivals increases many folds. We enjoyed all the festivals as kids but somehow as we grew older, celebrating every festival became difficult. Now as grandparents I want to celebrate all our festivals so that the kids enjoy them as much as we did and also learn about them. 

Festival season begins with Ganesh Chathurthi. For some reason, our preparations startded very late. But once it began, it went on with full swing. Abi enjoyed helping us during the preparations. Watching him riddhu (gannu) is  also picking up quickly. Despite living in a city I managed to collect most of the leaves (15 out of 21 different types) that are supposed to be auspicious and flowers for the pooja. That was the highlight of this year's Ganesh Chathurthi as I've done this for the first time. I could also show abi the different types of leaves and their names. 

Along with ganesha's favorite modhak and laddoos, I made abi & riddhu's favorite payasam and some other sweets and savory items. We completed the day with a small homely puja with my family. It would have been picture perfect, had Gaurav been there. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the information on this website, you have done outstanding
job on the blog posts.

pals said...

May God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...